GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney when asked Wednesday does he support the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Restoration Act? His campaign replied “we’ll get back to you on that.” The question was presented by a reporter during a press conference call to criticize President Obama‘s policies.
The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act helps women fight for equal pay. This was one of the first bills President Barack Obama signed into law on January 29, 2009.
“Women’s pay equality isn’t something that someone who wants to be president should need to “think” about, not when working women across America who on average earn just 77 cents to every dollar that men earn for the same” said the reporter.
Romney said Wednesday “President Obama has waged a war on women because of his failed policies” His statistics show that 92.3% of jobs lost were by women. Romney said “President Obama didn’t cause the recession but he just made it worst.”
Delegate Charniele Herring, Represents District 46, Virginia General Assembly ‘weighs in’ on President Obama’s support for women and Mitt Romney’s gender gap with American women.
Herring said “Romney’s campaign could’nt answer a simple question about equality and fair pay for women”. She said this should leave Americans questioning would Romney veto a bill to take away the fair pay act?
- Keith Williams Leaves Director of Music & Arts Post at Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, GA
- BREAKING NEWS: Zimmerman to Be Charged in Trayvon Martin Case
- EMI Gospel Artist Anita Wilson Celebrates the Release of “Worship Soul”
- ELEV8 EXCLUSIVE: Le’Andria Johnson’s Statement About Her Pregnancy
- Michelle Williams On “Most Powerful Voices” Competition
- Buy Tickets To The Stone Soul Music & Food Festival