Congratulations to our very own Le’Andria Johnson who scooped up her very first Grammy Award this week. If you didn’t know, the winning moment was broadcast live on the 54th Annual Grammy Awards’ pre-telecast before millions of fans watching and tuning in find out who would take home the music industry’s most prestigious honor.
Our girl Le’Andria, who has had quite a successful two-year run this far in the business since we first met her on the third season of BET Sunday Best, took home the award for Best Gospel/Contemporary Christian Music Performance for her 2011 single “Jesus” from her debut album “The Awakening of LeAndria Johnson” on the MusicWorld Gospel label.
Le’Andria also performed one of The Clark Sisters’ most recent hits “Livin'” alongside other fellow female Grammy nominees Kelly Price and Kim Burrell in addition to label mates Trinitee 5:7. If you missed their rendition of the song, turn up those computer speakers and check it out below.
Share your thoughts with us below on the message board using your Twitter or Facebook profile to log in and leave a comment.
- Radio One Richmond Teacher of the Week: Mrs. Hawkins
- OUR HISTORY MAKERS: JIM BROWN
- Will Bobby Brown Be Allowed to Attend Whitney Houston’s Funeral?
- Private Funeral for Whitney Houston Set for Sat., February 18, 2012 @ 12noon: Pastor Marvin Winans to Eulogize Houston in NJ
- Shanachie Entertainment Set for Debut Label Release from Ten Time Grammy & Dove Winner TAKE 6